Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at the Department of Defense Rewards Program. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
This privacy notice describes how we might use your information if you:
- Visit our website at https://dodrewardsprogram.net
- Engage with us in other related ways – including marketing or events
In this privacy notice, if we refer to:
- “Website,” we are referring to any website of ours that references or links to this policy
- “Services,” we are referring to our website, and other related services, including marketing or events
The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our services immediately.
Please read this privacy notice carefully, as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
Information Automatically Collected
In Short: Some information – such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information), but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data: Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our services automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take, such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data: We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information, such as your IP address (or proxy server) device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider, and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data: We collect location data, such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collects depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Locating setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below.
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention.)
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- To complete and support the current activity.
- To administer and maintain the Website and system
- To conduct research and development
- To conduct authorized law enforcement functions
Cookies and similar technologies can help us automatically identify you when you return to our website or app. Cookies help us review website traffic patterns, improve the website, and determine what Services are popular. We can also use such information to deliver customized content and advertising to users of the Services whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website.
How Do We Keep Your Information Safe?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organization and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organization security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
Controls for Do-Not-Track Features.
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-No-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
Notice to Persons Accessing this Website from Outside the United States.
Our Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, are made available to residents of the United States, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than those of the United States. Any information you provide through use of the Services may be stored and processed, transferred between and accessed from the United States and other countries which may not guarantee the same level of protection of personal information as the one in which you reside. If you do not want your personal information to leave your country, please do not provide such information to the Department of Defense Rewards Program and do not use our website. By providing personal information to the Department of Defense Rewards Program, you explicitly consent to the transfer of your information to the United States.
The Department of Defense Rewards Program or its service providers may also transfer your personal information from the European Economic Area (EEA) to other countries, some of which have not yet been determined by the European Commission to offer an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards. For transfers to countries not requiring a level of data protection that meets EEA standards, the Department of Defense Rewards Program uses a variety of legal mechanisms to protect your personal information, including contractual provisions and written assurances from service providers.
Links to External Websites.
Links to websites outside the U.S. Federal Government or the use of trade, firm, or corporation names within the Department of Defense Rewards Program website are for the convenience of the user. Such use does not constitute an official endorsement or approval by the U.S Department of Defense Rewards Program of any private sector website, product, or service.
Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on this website are strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986, 18 U.S.C. § 1030, and section 1001 of Title 18.
How to Contact Us.